Monday, September 24, 2018

Ryan's Sharks Room

Welcome to Ryan's new San Jose Sharks room!
Ryan's room is officially downstairs, formerly known as the "Grandma room".
A while back Adam painted the room Sharks teal, so it only made sense to turn it into a sharks hockey themed room once Ryan moved down here.
 Luckily we had a bunch of Sharks paraphernalia laying around. Blankets, rally towels, and posters. (And in all honesty, Adam did all the decorating. I came home one day and the entire room was decorated!)
 I found the shark pillowcase at Target, and we ordered the comforter off of Amazon.
Ryan loves his room and I think it is going to be age-appropriate for many years to come. (Unless he stops being a Sharks fan!)
This is the only unfinished part of the room. In that corner we plan on getting Ryan a small white desk where he can draw and do homework. However, I don't want to encourage him to spend lots of time in his room by himself. I know those years will come, and I enjoy having him out with the rest of the family, drawing on the dining room table. We also need to get him some curtains but I can't figure out what color to get. We ordered dark gray curtains but they ended up looking lavender so I returned them.
Mixed in with the Sharks décor are some of Adam's mustang items. Our plan is to someday redecorate Lucas' room to be a Mustang room. So these items will be moved upstairs.
 I love the flag above the door!
This closet was filled with random stuff before Ryan moved down here. So we installed a closet organizer and moved out most of our other junk to make room for Ryan's clothes and other items.
I love the little laundry basket that came with the organizer. Now if only Ryan would remember to actually place his dirty clothes in there.....
 So that's a little look at Ryan's newly decorated Sharks room! I love how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment