Saturday, June 30, 2018

The BEST Banana Bread

This is one of those tried and true recipes I have been making for years and years. I believe I first came across the recipe back in my college days. I never used to like nuts, so this "nutless" banana bread sounded great to me. Over the years I have tweaked it a bit to our liking, and I am happy to say 5 out of 6 people in our family happily devour it! In fact, this loaf of bread rarely lasts more than a couple days in our house. If you do have some leftover it is perfect sliced and frozen for a quick snack or breakfast.

The BEST Banana Bread!

3 Overripe Bananas
1.5 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1 Egg
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips, plus more for sprinkling

Directions:
-Heat oven to 325 degrees
-Mash bananas with a fork and mix in flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
-Mix in egg thoroughly. Slowly add in melted butter.
-Once combined, fold in chocolate chips.
-Pour into greased loaf pan and top with extra chocolate chips.
-Bake between 60 and 70 minutes. Bread will be very brown on top. Let cool and enjoy!

A few notes: I use half white and half whole wheat flour. Also, I feel like the bread is sweet enough with less sugar, so I often use no more than 3/4 cup sugar, and my kids don't mind. I have even used 1/2 cup sugar and it turned out just fine. It's easy to go overboard with the chocolate chips but don't! Too much chocolate will take away from the great banana flavor.


1 comment: