Sunday, June 3, 2018

Lucas: Six

Happy 6th Birthday Lucas Reid Nullmeyer! 
Your biggest change this year was starting Kindergarten, and I am so happy to report that you had a fantastic year. You excelled in every subject, made some great friends, and genuinely seemed to enjoy school.
Lucas, you are definitely one of my most affectionate children. You give me the absolute best hugs! You tell me you love me all the time. The other day you said "Mommy I love you 2nd. First I love God. See? You can say such the sweetest things. You began picking me flowers at a young age:
And you still surprise me with flowers every chance you get!

You are such a strong, stubborn and sweet boy. You make life very unpredictable around here most days! You can be fine one minute, and something will set you off and suddenly you are the Incredible Hulk, trying to smash everything in sight. My prayer for you is that you will learn to control your impulses and use your energy for good.
Favorite color: Green
Favorite food: Meat
Favorite drink: Cherry 7up (You had it for the first time last month)
Favorite place to go: Target
Favorite toy: Hotwheels
Best friend: Scott
What you want to be when grow up: A Dad
Favorite subject in school: Math
You and your little brother Andrew seem to have a special bond. You always try to be so gentle with him, and you are the best at making him laugh. (Not the best picture to show this, but it's true!)
You learned how to read and write this year, and now you love writing letters and stories. You are constantly asking me how to spell words. You are the best at going off and keeping yourself busy, whether it's with drawing and writing, or playing with legos.
Random Lucas Facts: You have the coolest eyes! The yellow ring around the center is gradually growing bigger and covering up the blue, making your eyes look green. You adore having your back scratched, and every morning you lie in bed and ask me to scratch your back, arms, and legs. You do a great job at organizing. If I ask you to put away your laundry, you begin by taking all your clean clothes out of your drawer and putting them back in neat stacks. You are also in charge of keeping our hall closet/shoe cubby clean, and you often organize it without being asked!
Lukey Schmook I love you so much. You challenge me and bring me to my knees daily, praying that you will grow into a strong warrior for God.
Happy Birthday big 6-year old!

1 comment: