Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Andrew: One

Happy 1st birthday Andrew John Nullmeyer!
It's so hard for me to believe that my baby is turning 1.You are turning into a big toddler right before my eyes, and I feel like the past year was kind of a crazy blur.
You are getting better and better at walking. You toddle all around the house now with your bow-legged walk. When you do crawl, you still use one leg and one foot. I guess it's your signature crawl.
Lately you have become a huge Daddy's boy. When he comes home from work you walk over to him and squeal. You will willingly go to him, even if you're upset. The other night you were playing with him on our bed and he got up to leave. You immediately burst into tears. You definitely love your Daddy!
Overall you are a happy-go-lucky guy. You smile and laugh easily, but you also seem to have a little temper, and you get upset really quickly. You are happy as long as you're getting what you want, whether that means being held by Mommy or walking around and exploring. I would say your personality reminds me most of Lucas, although I don't think you'll have quite the crazy temper he has! You aren't as serious and quiet as Ryan always has been. And yet you aren't quite as content as Jenna. At this age she wouldn't fuss too much about being strapped into seats but you hate being contained! You can be really goofy, especially when Lucas is playing with you.
Your words include Dada, Mama, "dis", "dat", "Hi Dada",  yaya, nana, and most recently you have been saying outside. Except it sounds more like "Ow-Sii". You don't speak a lot, but you make a lot of noises. You are a really loud baby!

You are finally taking two good naps every day. Praise God! You average 1 to 1.5 hour naps twice a day. Nighttime is still awful and that is my next challenge. Once you are healthy I'm going to start letting you cry it out for longer periods of time in your crib. I feel like I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in years.
Your favorite toys to play with are balls. I think you've got a pretty good arm on you for a 1-yr old! You absolutely love playing catch with yourself. (Or your crazy siblings!)

You are a voracious eater....except when you're not. I feel like you either stuff all your food into your mouth, or you throw everything on the floor. In general you love ground meat, bananas, cheese, cheerios and broccoli. Unfortunately it seems that some foods don't love your tummy. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
I just love so many things about you. I love the way you pat my shoulder while I'm holding you. I love your crazy head of blond curls. I love your deep giggle when someone plays peek-a-boo with you.
I love you so much Drewski! Happy Birthday!

And now for a trip down memory lane! Here are your siblings on their first birthdays.

Ryan

Lucas

Jenna

Who do you most look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment