Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Andrew's 2-Week Checkup

Andrew had his 2- week checkup with his doctor yesterday, although it was actually 2 weeks since he got home from the hospital. So he was 3 weeks old during this checkup!
At birth Andrew weighed 8 lbs 6 oz. When he was released from the hospital I believe he was 8 lbs 4 oz. Yesterday at 3 weeks old he was 9 lbs 5 oz. I was relieved to see that he is growing really well!

I talked to the doctor about Andrew's fussiness. So far he is a fairly fussy baby, and I've noticed he often seems uncomfortable. He is always grunting and straining like his tummy hurts, and he often cries after nursing. The doctor said it is nearly impossible to know if I'm eating something that is passing through my breastmilk and bothering him. Of course dairy is a common allergy, and I did eliminate this from my diet when my first 2 boys were young. They were both very fussy infants, and cutting out dairy did seem to help. If Andrew becomes fussier or shows signs of colic during the next few weeks I may try this and see if it helps. Of course this could just be his temperament and he could just be a more sensitive baby!

The doctor was very happy with Andrew's growth and he said I could allow him to go up to 5 hours at night without eating. Hear that baby Andrew??

I'll post another Andrew update next week when he turns 1 month old. Time is flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment