Monday, December 19, 2016

30 Weeks Pregnant

Well here I am 30 weeks pregnant. 3/4 of the way there! In case you can't tell, I've kind of given up on my appearance. Between sick kids , freezing temps, and just feeling pregnant and tired, I've been looking rough lately!
Here are my latest symptoms for pregnancy #4:

These past few weeks my Braxton hicks contractions have really been picking up. Sometimes they are totally random and my belly gets rock hard out of nowhere. Other times I can bring them on by pushing the double stroller or chasing after the kids or doing anything physical.

I had my first experience with heartburn this pregnancy last week. I had had a Jamba Juice smoothie for dinner that had lots of orange juice in it. I woke up at midnight with horrible burning in my esophagus. After tossing and turning for a while I finally got up and sat on the couch for about an hour drinking a glass of milk, which helped. Since then I have noticed a little bit of heartburn if I let myself get too hungry.

Every night when I take off my socks they have left imprints on my lower legs. Gotta love the water retention. If I'm on my feet too long I get cankles. The other day it was pouring rain so I wore my rainboots to pick up Ryan from school. When we got home I couldn't get them off. They were completely stuck on my calves. I eventually had to lay down and have Ryan pull them off, which took forever. I thought I was going to have to cut them off!

I did my 1-hour glucose test last week and my results were fine. My blood sugar was 79 one hour after drinking the glucose. They also did a complete blood test, and a few of my numbers came back lower than the normal range, indicating low iron. Maybe that's why I've been so tired? I've had quite a few nights lately where I've gone to bed with the kids at 8pm and still been tired the next day. I'm going to start taking a low dose of iron and see if that helps. I don't think I've ever had low iron before in my life, but I know it's common during pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment