Sunday, October 25, 2015

Dinners Oct 19-23

Just some pictures of our dinners from last week to share with you! I always like seeing what other people eat because it gives me new ideas to try. What did you make for your family this week?

Monday: "Porcupines in a Skillet" I tried this new recipe that included ground beef, rice, cheese, onion soup mix, and tomatoes. Pretty tasty! My 100 Days of Real Food cookbook contains a great recipe for homemade onion soup mix. The packaged stuff usually contains bad ingredients.
Salad topped with cucumbers, tomatoes and radishes
Kale chips for the boys


Tuesday: Fried sole, baked potatoes. I just dip the fish in a mixture of flour and cornmeal seasoned with salt, and pan fry in avocado oil. Lucas loved this!
Frozen bag of seasoned green beans. When I make something time consuming like fried fish or chicken, I try to keep the side dishes really easy.

Wednesday: Scrambled eggs with nitrite-free breakfast sausage, leftover potatoes, green peppers, cheese. I know this is kind of an ugly picture but this breakfast scramble was really good!
Apple slices
Greek Yogurt Pancakes (Recipe in Pioneer Woman's new cookbook!!) I subbed in half whole wheat flour for these, and they were delicious.

Thursday: Whole chicken cooked in the crockpot. After it cooked I added some carrots and water and seasonings to the leftover carcass and juices, and it cooked overnight. Now I have about 12 cups of homemade chicken broth! I used this recipe:  http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/

Some seasoned couscous
And steamed broccoli

 Friday: I used the leftover chicken to make chicken tacos. I shredded it and added taco seasoning and mexican tomato sauce.
Served on fresh corn tortillas (we've tried the flour version in this brand, and we liked both! I thought these corn tortillas were less dry than usual ones. Adam thought they were more dry. You'll have to try them and decide! I absolutely love homemade flour tortillas, but just don't have time to make them these days)
Topped with guacamole, tomatoes, cheese, and shredded cabbage.(we were out of lettuce....I loved the cabbage on the tacos!)
And more steamed broccoli
 
And Saturday night we bought dinner out because I was tired of cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment