Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Weighty Wednesday: Chaotic Meals

This was a pretty uneventful week in terms of my diet. I'm so busy with the kids these days that I rarely sit down to a real meal. Breakfast is usually oatmeal or toast with peanut butter. Dinner is absolutely chaotic because it's full of tantrums and meltdowns. Lunch yesterday was a lactation protein ball and leftover green beans eaten at 2:30 standing in the kitchen holding Jenna. Why? Because I got busy and forgot to eat lunch. Yes, I forgot a meal. Trust me, this has never happened before in my life. Apparently when you have 3 kids under the age of 5 you forget to feed yourself sometimes. In terms of exercise, I did go on 2 really great walks this week. And I lost 2.5 more pounds! (Yes that half pound definitely counts)

As exciting and motivating as it is to see the numbers going down on the scale, I don't feel like I look any different than I did two months ago. I know the weight is obviously coming from somewhere, but when I see photos of myself (you'll see them tomorrow on my Stitch Fix review) I feel like I still look really heavy. Maybe it's just that look I have of a nursing mother. And that's not a bad thing. My body is feeding another human being. I'm just really looking forward to actually looking slimmer. And fitting into all my pants!

WEEK 9
Lbs Lost So Far: 20.5
Lbs Left To Lose: 10.5

I'm going to attempt to do some fruit and veggie prep for the week to make meals less hectic. If I have something healthy to grab and eat (like cucumber sticks or washed and chopped fruit) then I'll eat that instead of a granola bar or crackers. I'm also planning on boiling some eggs for a quick protein snack. Any other ideas for quick healthy snacks?



2 comments:

  1. I love those SnapPea crisp things, they really hit the spot for a salty snack. Also, popcorn is pretty good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almonds are great quick snacks. I will portion them out and put them in small containers so I don't overeat. Our grocery store carries these little packs that have hummus, carrots, celery, and a small portion of sunflower seeds that I love. They're not the best value, but they're quick and easy and portion controlled.

    ReplyDelete