Friday, December 5, 2014

House Tour: Jenna's Nursery

When I found out I was having a girl I immediately started thinking about what kind of nursery we would create for her. I kept passing by a painting in our house and thinking it would be perfect for a little girl's room. My idea for Jenna's nursery was born, and I am so pleased with the way it turned out! With a lot of help from my handy husband and creative mother-in-law, we created a garden-themed nursery inspired by the painting below.
I decided the primary colors of the room would be yellow, pink and green. I chose a soft buttery yellow for the walls, and purchased some pink blackout curtains.
When you walk in Jenna's closet is to the right. I framed some cute critters above her closet doors.
The nursery is quite small, so I knew both a changing table and a dresser wouldn't fit. We put our current changing table downstairs (so smart with a two story house!). Then I searched craigslist until I found the perfect combination changing table/dresser. It fits her diapers and all her clothes from Newborn through 9 months.
A picket fence and flowers that I painted.
Ryan wanted to paint something for Jenna's room so I let him pick out a bird house to paint.
My mother-in-law stenciled flowers along the wall under the window and Adam attached the white picket fence to the wall. I love how it turned out!
She also gave me this comfy glider! It's nice and cozy to sit on when I'm nursing in the middle of the night.
Finally, we have the crib with Jenna's name above.
 
I painted the letters to go along with the color scheme for the room.
Little flowers along the bottom of her bedskirt. (I got her bedding on a final sale clearance from the Land of Nod)
And finally, the cutest part of the nursery. Little miss Jenna Mae doing what she does best....sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment