Thursday, August 28, 2014

27 Week Pregnancy Update

I can't believe I am officially in my 3rd trimester! Here I am at 27 weeks pregnant, looking mighty huge. I actually don't feel like my belly has grown much this month, but you should hear the comments everyone is making about it! You'd think I was carrying triplets, the way people have been exclaiming over the size of my bump.
My belly always sticks out a lot when I'm pregnant, maybe because of weight gain, maybe because I have an extremely short torso, maybe because that's just how my pregnant body looks. I don't really get offended by the comments, but it does get old hearing them. Just for fun, here I am at 28 weeks pregnant with Ryan:
And 28 weeks pregnant with Lucas:
And another fun comparison: Big Ryan, Little Lucas
And Little Ryan!
I did my 1-hour glucose test this week and everything went fine.  (With the exception of my veins being so small they had to draw the blood from my hand. Ouch! Then my blood just stopped coming out altogether so the tech had to dig around in my hand for a while to get enough blood. Double ouch!) My blood sugar level one hour after drinking 50 grams of glucose was a healthy 81.

Not much else to report this week. No real food cravings or other symptoms. I'm just feeling achy and old and tired, but that's pretty normal these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment