Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Year In Review: 2013

I thought it would be fun to take a quick look back at the year 2013 on this blog. Here are a few highlights from the Nullmeyer family!

January: The beginning of the year was all about cleaner eating by making more snacks from scratch. Homemade crackers anyone? It was also a month of intense bonding between the boys as Lucas became more mobile.

February: Adam won the husband-of-the-month award in February.  He built me a bed frame to match the headboard he had made last year. He also bought me my sourdough starter!

March: We had our first professional photos taken as a family of four! We also celebrated Easter.
April: Adam turned 32 and Ryan turned 3. This was also the month that Lucas started walking.

May: This month we started building our front porch (I use the term "we" very loosely). We also celebrated the boys' birthdays by having a joint party at our house. Ryan still talks about that jump house! My 4th niece, Isabella, was also born this month!

June: We completed our porch this month and Lucas turned 1!

July: Lucas got his first (traumatizing) haircut in July. I turned 31 and we celebrated by taking a family trip to Gilroy Gardens.
August: I got my wild mane of hair chopped off this month. Poor Ryan had his first cavities filled.

September: Stitch Fix entered my life! Ryan got his first bike and Lucas apparently ran around shirtless.
October: Much of this month was spent at the local pumpkin patch getting in the Halloween spirit! Lucas dressed up as Mickey Mouse and Ryan was Lightening McQueen.

November: In November the boys practiced for future bunk beds. Ryan went bowling for the first time. Oh and we cut down a Christmas tree in Santa Cruz!
December: Lucas pulled down our Christmas tree and the boys happily posed for Christmas card pictures. And then we had Christmas!
Whew! What a year. And what a lot of photos! God truly blessed us this year and I can't wait to see what 2014 will bring.

2 comments:

  1. Your boys are growing so fast. They are just adorable! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the older boy is so cute

    ReplyDelete