Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Boys Should Be Boys

I am reading a really interesting book right now by Meg Meeker titled "Boys Should Be Boys: 7 Secrets To Raising Healthy Sons". I'm literally only 5 pages into the book, but so far I love it. Here is a brief description:

 "...helps parents restore the delights of boyhood and enable today’s boys to become the mature, confident, and thoughtful men of tomorrow. Boys will always be boys–rambunctious, adventurous, and curious, climbing trees, building forts, playing tackle football, and pushing their growing bodies to the limit as part of the rite of passage into manhood. But today our sons face an increasingly hostile world that doesn’t value the high-spirited, magical nature of boys".

Most days I feel like I'm trying to find the balance between just letting my boys be boys, and preventing them from killing each other. Below is a video showing what Lucas and Ryan do a lot of these days. Climbing, jumping, wrestling, rough-housing. Some people may disapprove of letting their kids jump off the couch, but on cold days when we're stuck inside, I have found it is exactly what my boys need.

No comments:

Post a Comment