Saturday, November 3, 2012

Lucas: 5 Months


Happy 5 months my sweet boy Lucas!
You are now eating "solids" once a day and you love it! You have tried rice cereal, avocado, banana, peas, carrots and apples (literally....you love to suck on my apples after I eat them). Rice cereal and apples are your favorites so far. You made a bad face both times I offered you peas. Personally, I don't blame you!
You are not much of a mover. You can easily roll from tummy to back, but then you just start crying. You don't really try to roll back the other way, although I bet you could if you really tried. You are most happy when being held.
You still smile easily at people, as long as you are in a good mood. Someone even commented to me recently that you seem much more personable than your serious older brother was/is, and I have to agree. Despite your smiles, you are still pretty sensitive. A loud noise or a dropped toy can really set you off and make you scream in no time flat.
No teeth yet, although we can see a couple spots on your gums where a tiny white dot is poking through. It almost looks like you may get your canine teeth before your front teeth. You drool constantly and gnaw on anything you can get your hands on. You grab at everything and put it straight in your mouth. And then get upset when it doesn't ease your pain. Poor guy! You even started chewing on your tongue this week. A built-in teething toy, I guess?
You weigh about 16 pounds now. You have the chubbiest thighs and the cutest double chin. I think you will be bigger than your big brother someday!
Your sleep habits this month went downhill. You have a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. A typical day of naps might consist of 3 30-minute naps. I still swaddle and nurse you to sleep at night in your crib but you are always awake again within the hour. You then sleep in our bed every single night from about 11pm until 7am, waking every couple hours.
 I love you Lucas!

No comments:

Post a Comment