Friday, March 2, 2012

Foodie Friday: Cauliflower Pasta

This is one of those recipes that I've made so many times that I don't use a recipe anymore. As a result, it always tastes slightly different, since I just eyeball all the ingredients. I originally adapted it from a Rachael Ray recipe, but changed just a couple things to suit our tastes. This pasta would be great for vegetarians, but it's still pleasing for carnivores, such as Adam and I.





Cauliflower Pasta


3/4 lb Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
1 Head Cauliflower, washed and chopped

2 Cups Chicken Broth

1/2 Onion (Any color), diced

1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
1 Sprig fresh Rosemary (Strip off of stem and chop finely)

1/2 - 3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan




1) Cook pasta until al dente.


2) Meanwhile, place cauliflower, onions, garlic salt and rosemary in a large skillet. Add 1 cup of chicken broth and saute until cauliflower is very tender. Sometimes I add more liquid and put a lid loosely on top to steam the cauliflower more quickly. (My cauliflower in the pic below got a little charred but it made it taste even better!)

3) Once soft, mash the cauliflower as much as possible. (I use a potato masher)4) Remove from heat. Add pasta, remaining chicken broth, and cheese. Stir until combined and very cheesy. If the cauliflower sauce is too chick, add more water or stock. Season with salt and pepper.It may look very tan and boring, but I promise it tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment