Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Up and Running

I've mentioned before how Ryan is my little "rooster", often getting up for the day well before 6am. Well let me elaborate on that just a little. He doesn't wake up gradually. Instead, he opens his eyes, immediately stands up, climbs down off our bed, grabs a dog toy, yells "DAW!" and runs out the door. ("Daw" means Dog)There is no falling back to sleep for just a couple minutes, or laying in bed next to Mommy to snuggle. Ryan is up and running from the second he opens his eyes in the morning, often not stopping until late that night!
Good thing God made me a morning person! Otherwise I might just stay in bed and let Ryan roam the house by himself. And who knows what he would get in to? His latest obsession is picking up things that weigh almost as much as he does.While we're on the topic of sleep, I should mention how things have been going with the Melatonin. It does work to get Ryan to sleep, but I still have to nurse him to sleep, usually around 8pm. He stays asleep for about 2-3 hours now. At that point I have usually just gone to bed, so I get back up and bring him in bed with us. We have tried and continually failed to get him to fall back to sleep in his bed. So from about 11pm on he's in our bed, waking up once or twice until he's awake for good around 5am. At this time I often nurse him in bed in an attempt to make him fall back asleep. But as I wrote above, that doesn't work! These are the only 2 times that I still nurse Ryan. I could probably wean him now if I wanted to, but I think I'll wait just a little longer. It's the only time I get to sit down with Ryan and just be still!

No comments:

Post a Comment