Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Little Mess

God has been speaking to me lately through music. There are a few songs I keep hearing on the radio that seem to be repeating the same theme. Actually, more like drilling a message in to my head. One of these songs is Francesca Battistelli's "This Is The Stuff". She sings about the "stuff" that God uses in our lives to teach us lessons. Often times it is the frustrating and difficult things in life that God is using to tell us something. It is kind of a difficult concept to wrap our heads around....that God uses our struggles to bless us. My favorite line of the song is "In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed". For me, my current "little mess" is Ryan's sleep struggles. It is driving me crazy that I can't make him sleep. But in the middle of my frustrations, when I'm feeling helpless and Ryan is screaming, I tell myself that God is teaching me patience. He is showing me how to lean on Him and develop the fruits of the spirit in my mothering. And lucky for me my "little mess" is pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment