Friday, July 8, 2011

Garden Pics and a Recipe

I started a vegetable garden again this year. I promised you pictures of the progress, and here they finally are!
I have:







4 Tomato Plants

2 Squash Plants(Straightneck and Crookneck)

2 Zucchini Plants

2 Watermelon Plants

3 Cucumber Plants (Regular, Japanese, Lemon)

4 Pepper Plants (Bell, Banana, Chili, Jalapeno)

Basil

Carrots (Still just seeds)

I am honestly shocked that things are growing! I have been really diligent about getting out and watering every 2 days. I hope to have enough vegetables this summer so that I can give some away to family and friends. By the way, Ryan has been quite the "helper" in my garden. He loves pulling up all my labels and rearranging them.In anticipation of eating lots of zucchini this summer, I started playing around with some recipes this week. Here is one for zucchini "chips".
Preheat oven to 475. Mix together 1/4 cup each of breadcrumbs and parmesan. I also added a little garlic salt and pepper. Thinly slice 1 large zucchini. (The thinner you cut, the crispier they will become!) Dip first in 2 beaten egg whites, then into breadcrumb mixture. Line up on a cookie sheet. (Make sure you grease or coat with cooking spray!) Bake for 5 minutes. Flip and cook 12 minutes more, or until golden brown. Mine could have gone for a few more minutes, but I was anxious to eat. You might want to try 10 minutes on the first, then flip for another 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment