Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Boys' First Day of School

Ryan and Lucas started 4th and 2nd grade today! 
After MUCH thought and prayer and discussion this summer, we decided to try a new school this year. The boys will be attending a local charter school, which just happens to be the school their cousins Ava and Bella attend.

Ryan had been looking forward to trying a new school, but when I asked him last night if he was excited, he answered "Nope".
School isn't Ryan's favorite activity, and never has been. I am praying he finds some really nice friends and finds a subject he loves this year.
 Lucas was also excited leading up to this week......but then this morning he seemed pretty nervous.
 Lucas makes friends really easily, so I am hoping that will be the case.
 A mixture of emotions....goofy, nervous, excited, and more goofy.
I drove the boys to school today and they reluctantly posed for a picture before going inside. Lucas gave me a big smile before he walked in to his class, and Ryan averted his eyes when I tried to wave.
Their moods after school were mixed. Ryan said it was "fine". Lucas told me a really sad story about sitting on the buddy bench during lunch and waiting alone for a buddy the entire time. Ugh that just about broke my heart! I am praying tomorrow is a little better for both of them.

2 comments:


  1. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading.
    wood tools

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I appreciate the time you spent sharing your skills. All this time later, I've found it love the end result. ""Thank you for such a sweet tutorial - outdoor activitie camping habits outdoor activitie
    "

    ReplyDelete