Friday, August 3, 2018

Day in the Summer Life 8/2/18

7am - After a less than stellar night of sleep, I need coffee big time this morning. Kids are sleeping all over the place in my room...Ryan on my couch, Jenna at the foot of my bed, Andrew next to me. I came downstairs with the baby and fixed my iced coffee. I found these at Grocery Outlet and I love them! I brew it for a day, add a bunch of ice, a splash of cream, and it's perfect.
 7:45 - The rest of the kids are up. When Andrew sees any of his siblings he says "HI!" and runs to hug them.
8:30 - Time for waffles! I make regular ones for the kids and keto-style ones for me. I mix the batter for mine in my Magic Bullet. Unfortunately something goes wrong and the top of the little blender shoots off, spraying batter all over the room, and even on the ceiling!
 Here is my plate. A boiled egg, a couple strawberries, and a big keto waffle. (Made with cream cheese, cream, eggs, coconut flour and vanilla). Halfway through the waffle I realize it is too much food for me. So I freeze the rest.
 9:00 - Time to tackle the kitchen mess. I unload and reload the dishwasher, sweep the floors, and wipe down the counters. Meanwhile the kids start on their chores. In addition to making their beds and brushing their teeth, Ryan goes outside to water, Lucas brings down laundry and loads it into the washer, and Jenna tries to pick up toys....until she somehow scrapes her knee and needs a bandaid. Meanwhile Andrew dives off of the ottoman face first onto the floor.
 9:45 - We are all upstairs getting dressed. Doesn't Jenna look so big here?
 The 5 of us are finally dressed and (almost) ready to leave the house!
 10:30 - Target time! We need a few more school supplies for Lucas.
 Do you like Lucas' lunchbox choice? It's the same one his brother picked out!
11:30 - After Target we stop at Jamba Juice for smoothies. I get 2 banana berry smoothies split 4 ways for the 4 kids. But apparently Lucas wanted a red smoothie, and not a purple one. We had a few tense moments in the parking lot where I could tell he was teetering on the edge of a rage. But thankfully he calmed down and we got home safe and sound. (And he ended up trying the smoothie and loving it)

12:30 - I get the baby down for a nap and started my 2nd load of laundry.
I fix the kids some food while they watched PJ Masks and then make this for myself. Tuna salad with lots of celery and pickles mixed in. On the side I have extra celery and a cheese snack from Costco.
 I get through 2 pages of my latest book before the kids are fighting and distracting me.
 1:00 - TV is off and I set up some coloring for the kids. These are pictures of buildings that I printed off of a blog. Our plan is to make a city when they're done coloring everything.
I sneak outside to check on my garden and get a minute of quiet. I pick some basil for dinner and head back inside. The boys are arguing, the baby is screaming in his crib, and Jenna is nowhere to be found. Apparently she went looking for me and instead woke up Andrew. Sigh.
1:30 - I try to nurse Andrew back to sleep, but a phone call interrupts me. It is my credit union calling to say someone found my credit card at Jamba Juice. Ugh! I'm so thankful someone honest found my card. After unsuccessfully trying to get the baby back to sleep, I come downstairs to a huge mess. Papers and markers everywhere, a sink full of dishes again, smoothie is dripping onto the floor, and the new school supplies are strewn all over the stairs. But I have to ignore it for now, because I have more immediate things that need to be done.

Andrew eats lunch in his highchair and I help Ryan wrap a present for a party he is going to. I also help him make a card. With a lot of arguing we finally have the present and card ready.

2:30 - The kids are playing their 20 minutes of video game time, so I get to work cleaning. (And I snack on some nuts...my lunch wasn't super filling). While I'm cleaning, Andrew is making a gigantic mess. I'm telling you....he is just like his brothers. A mischievous/messy/curious/sneaky/determined toddler. He is a master at emptying things and throwing their contents around a room in about 2 seconds flat. (right after I snapped this photo Andrew pulled the boys' PlayStation off the TV console and madness broke out)
3:00 - I get the kids loaded in the car to take Ryan to his friend's birthday party. After potty trips and water refills, we finally make it right on time to the party at 3:30. Lucas ends up being asked to stay for the jumping portion of the party (it was at a jump place in Roseville). So I leave the 2 big boys there and take the 2 littles to run errands.

3:45 - Our first stop is to Jamba Juice to retrieve my lost credit card.
We end up getting a snack and sitting for a moment. I'm starting to get a headache so sitting for a few minutes is nice.
4:15 - We run into Grocery Outlet for a few things. I find Starbucks Cold Brew on sale for $1.50 and  stock up. I sure love iced coffee in the summer!

5:00 - I pick up a sweaty Lucas and head back home. Once there, Andrew is asleep. No!! I nurse him for a few minutes on the couch but he just falls asleep again. I wake him up so I can cook dinner, and also because this is a really bad time to nap. 

5:45 - I'm making 2 different dinners tonight. I almost never do this, but I'm really trying to stick to my keto diet for a couple more weeks. For myself I cook some chicken sausage, as well as some thin strips of zucchini that I top with a homemade pesto and lots of parmesan. For Adam I heat up a Trader Joe's lasagna. Meanwhile hurricane Andrew makes more messes.

6:30 - Adam is home just in time for dinner! It feels weird not having Ryan here.
The very first thing Adam says when he walks in the house is "Wow it's a mess in here". Ugh. I tried.

7pm - I pick up Ryan from his friend's house and stay to chat for a few minutes. In the car Ryan has lots to tell me about the party. He had a great time! Back at home Jenna and Lucas are just finishing up their showers. I start on the dinner dishes while Ryan tells Daddy all about the party.
 8:00 - I take a quick shower with Andrew and then put him to sleep, while Adam puts Jenna and Lucas to sleep.

8:45 - As I leave Andrew's room and walk past our bedroom I see Adam sound asleep on the bed. Downstairs Ryan is in bed so I snuggle up next to him and we talk for a few minutes. I hear someone running around upstairs. It's Jenna...she needs someone to help her go potty.

9:15 - Downstairs again and Ryan is up hearing noises. Go to bed Ryan! I finish washing the dishes, pack Adam's lunch, sweep the floors, switch the laundry, wipe counters, pick up toys, do some online banking and blog a little.

10pm - Ahhh time to sit on the couch.....and fold laundry! I turn on the Bachelorette that I recorded on Monday night and watch a little while I sort the clothes.
And sip a nice glass of.....Magnesium. Ha! I drink a little of this almost every night mixed with water. It is relaxing, and also recommended when on a low-carb diet.
10:45 - Goodnight!
11:15 - Nevermind, baby's awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment