Wednesday, August 15, 2018

First Morning of School

It's the first day of school! I thought I'd let you know the honest details of our first morning back to school. Because I always keep it real on here!
Lucas was calmly excited to start the 1st grade. He got up, got dressed, ate, and got all ready to go.
 Little sister kept saying she was going to miss her brothers.
 Ryan, on the other hand, was less than thrilled about the end of summer. He is also sick with a cold, and he felt poorly enough this morning that we decided to keep him home. But then at the last minute he suddenly decided he wanted to go. So we rushed to get him ready.
In typical Ryan fashion, he wasn't hungry for breakfast. He turned down my offers of homemade waffles and sausage, or even his favorite cereal. I forced him to eat a cracker with his Tylenol. The boys and I ran to school and got there just after the bell rang.
I dropped Ryan off in his line and rushed to get Lucas lined up. I did snap this great picture of him.....no nerves showing at all! He is ready. I tried to rush back and say goodbye to Ryan but he was already in his classroom.
I left campus hopeful my boys would have a great first day of school. I was especially thinking about Ryan and his empty stomach and how he wasn't feeling great. And I suddenly remembered his sandwich I had started packing the night before. I chose to leave out the lunchmeat until the morning, so the sandwich would not get soggy. Except I forgot to add the meat this morning amidst the rush. So I sent him to school with a piece of bread for lunch. (He's also got a piece of fruit he won't eat, and a chocolate chip cookie, which he absolutely will eat.) So there you go. Real life on the first morning of school.

1 comment: