Monday, December 11, 2017

Day In The Life 12/11/17

Here's another day in the life post for you! I woke up on this Monday and decided to document everything we did today. Both the crazy and the mundane. Here we go!

6am: My alarm goes off. I don't move because I'm afraid I'll wake up Andrew and Jenna. I am smashed in between them. Jenna woke up at 4am crying so I brought her in our bed.

6:30 - Ok I really need to get up. I manage not to wake anyone up, but I'm afraid Andrew will fall out of bed. I dress really quickly and then he wakes up so I bring him downstairs, along with the big boys. It's a flurry of getting dressed, eating, packing lunches and homework, tracking down jackets and shoes, etc. My Dad comes over every morning to take the boys to school, which is a huge blessing.
 7:45 - Jenna is still asleep so I make a quick To-Do list for the day. I think I'm being overly ambitious, considering it is an early day for the boys.
 8:00 - I make a quick bowl of steel cut oats topped with peanut butter and banana. Microwave my now cold coffee and read a little bit of my Seamless bible study book. I blogged about it last year after receiving it at Christmas. I am ashamed to say I am only half way through. But I really do love it! Such a good study for strengthening your Bible knowledge.
 8:15 - I switch out my slippers for some real shoes. These are absolutely my most comfortable pair of booties. I think it's because they are wedges. I bought them 2 years ago on Amazon of all places.
 The princess has awakened!
I need to run by the mail store to return a couple things. First is a set of Hardy Boy Clue Books. We accidentally ordered two sets for Ryan, and he obviously only needs one. I've heard good things about these books, so hopefully he will love them!

Second, I need to return my latest Trendsend box. This is that styling service that's similar to Stitch Fix, but without the styling fee. I actually fell in love with this top from my box, but couldn't justify keeping it due to the price. If it goes on sale please send it back to me, Trendsend stylist! (oh and I just heard that Stitch Fix is still waiving your first styling fee through the end of the year!)
9am - Jenna eats her breakfast while I start my 2nd load of laundry of the morning (need to buy Lucas night diapers! I am so sick of washing pee sheets), do the dishes, sweep the floor, and package up my returns. While I'm doing my chores, Andrew manages to chew off our reindeer's antler. Poor guy.
And Jenna manages to spill most of her yogurt on her pajamas. I change the kids and we get set to run our errands. First, though, Jenna spends some time sitting on the potty. I put her in undies and pray she doesn't have an accident while we're out.
10am - We finally leave the house! I take my laptop to a local tech repair place. Lucas messed up some settings on my laptop last week and I haven't been able to fix it. When the tech guy tries to look at it, my laptop decides it's time to run a bunch of updates. After sitting in the lobby with a screaming Andrew for about 30 minutes, I give up and just tell the guy to call me when it's done.

Me and the two littles drive down the street to Walmart to grab a few things and kill some time. I remember to buy Lucas some overnight diapers. Andrew is still screaming so I rip open a package of Gerber snacks for him in the store.
12:30 - My laptop is still running updates so I head home. I'm hungry so I rip into this new package of granola. You guys, my eating habits have been so bad lately. After Christmas I need to get back on track. Please hold me to it!
1pm - My Dad comes by to pick up the boys from school. Andrew just woke up from a nice 15-minute nap and he is super cranky.
1:15 - While the boys are coming home I make a quick batch of lemonade for Adam. He jokingly refers to himself as the "6th wheel" around here. He's being funny, but I know there's truth in jest. So whenever I think about it, I try to do something for Adam. Something that isn't just for the kids. This lemonade is for Adam because it helps to prevent his kidney stones.
 1:30 - Lucas' face when I tell him we're going to see Santa today!
 And Ryan's face.
2pm - My Dad kindly offers to help Ryan with his homework. I sit down to fold the boys' laundry. We are painting their room right now, so they've been sleeping in the playroom. It's such a mess upstairs right now, but it feels good to get all their laundry done!
Then Lucas and I eat triscuits and read flashcards. After my Dad leaves I put Andrew down for a nap, but he doesn't fall asleep until 3:20. I run downstairs and get the 3 big kids ready to leave. Socks, shoes, and more time on the potty. I get them all in the car and then rush upstairs to wake up poor Andrew at 3:45.
4pm - We drive to the Rocklin Police Department to see Santa! They are having a santa story time. Honestly, the reading was very disappointing.
But then we got to stand in line and meet Santa! Jenna was terrified of him but I managed to get a picture of all 3 boys!
 Lyla and Bella were also there!
On the way into the police station Ryan was concerned that we weren't supposed to be there, like we might get in trouble. Then we saw a shiny black Challenger, and he and Lucas decided that it might belong to a "bad guy". It made me look at Ryan and really think about how young and innocent he is. It was so cute!
5pm - After our Santa visit we had an impromptu tour of the police station! Here are Lucas and Jenna sitting in the jail cell. Hopefully it's Lucas' first and last time there!
We also got to see the shooting range.
6pm - Back at home I threw together a quick dinner of tacos.
I made mine into a crunchwrap. I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it'd be fun. It was a layer of soft tortilla, cheese, taco meat, tostada shell, yogurt, lettuce, tomato, salsa, and guacamole. I stuffed mine so full it wouldn't close. It was a delicious and filling dinner.
There was a knock on the door. It was our neighbors with homemade cookies for us! We ate our cookies and Alexa played some Christmas music for us. I seriously have a love/hate relationship with her. Adam accidentally ordered her and she just kind of stayed. Do you have an Alexa?
After dinner we all got bundled up to go out front.
7pm - To see Santa Claus again! This time he was on a fire truck driving around our neighborhood, blasting music. 
 7:45 - Back inside we were freezing so we changed into our jammies. Jenna had a little accident in her pants. Darn, she almost made it all day without any potty accidents! Ryan reads to his little siblings.
 While Andrew and I take selfies.
8:15- Ryan's reading teacher sent home this new book to read. Miss Daisy is Crazy. Oh my goodness, Ryan was cracking up. It's a book about a 2nd grade boy who hates school. Ahem....sound familiar? Ryan and Lucas both thought it was hilarious and they giggled the entire time I was reading. The cookies and candy canes they ate right before bed may have had something to do with it!
8:30 - Andrew is asleep and Adam is home! We talk about our day while I wash dishes and pack lunches. Andrew is awake again by 9 so it's back upstairs to nurse him back to sleep. And then I blogged. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment