Monday, February 27, 2017

40 Weeks Pregnant

Wow, I really didn't think I'd still be pregnant today on my due date, but here I am......fat and swollen and uncomfortable. Sorry no pic this week. My belly pretty much looks the same except I am makeup-less and tired-looking. I had an appointment today with my doctor and here are my stats:

Total Weight Gain: 43 lbs
Blood Pressure: 136/75

I am now 3cm dilated, 40% effaced and baby is head down at a -2 station. So he's not super low yet, but at least I am progressing a little bit.

If I hit 41 weeks I will have to start going in for non-stress tests every couple days, to make sure baby is still handling his environment okay.

Even though I'm not overdue yet, I feel like I am because I figured baby would be here by now! Clearly he's a rule breaker. This weekend we went on a hike and it did absolutely nothing. I had some slightly painful but irregular contractions yesterday, but then they dissipated. I'm really hoping he is born this week so I don't have to consider being induced.


No comments:

Post a Comment