Tuesday, February 7, 2017

4 Kids Ages 6 and Under!

I can't believe that in just a few short weeks we will have 4 kids, ages 6, 4, 2, and newborn. It's so crazy to think about how much our family dynamic will change. I've been asked a lot if my kids are excited about having a baby brother. Not surprisingly, Jenna is the most enthusiastic about it, and the boys are kind of indifferent!

When asked what they think about Mommy having a baby soon.....
Ryan: "It's weird." Seriously, that's all I could get out of him. He keeps asking me how the baby is going to come out. "Are they going to cut a door in your tummy?" Also, if I complain of my stomach hurting he gives me a hug and asks if the baby is coming out, so that's cute.

Lucas: "Yea I'll give the baby a hug, but I love Jenna the most." I think Lucas kind of operates in his own little world, and as long as someone is giving him attention, he won't be too bothered by the baby.

Jenna: "Baby! I love him. He's so cute." (Said while hugging my tummy). I then asked Jenna what she will do when the baby is crying. Her answer? "Put him in the bathtub!". I think she's actually going to be really jealous. She is constantly saying "You're my Mommy!" if anyone tries to get near me, and she is pretty much my little shadow all day long.

And as for Adam and I? We are honestly kind of terrified. Don't get me wrong....I'm really excited to meet this little boy. I'm anxious to see what he looks like, what his personality is like, and how he fits in with our family. I'm excited to snuggle him and smell that sweet baby smell. But when Adam and I picture what life will be like with 4 kids ages 6 and under, we get really overwhelmed. We've come to the conclusion that life for the next few years will be really crazy and stressful, and it will be a time where we will both have to be really selfless. Because having kids this close in age means they are all still so needy and dependent on us for everything. Our number one priority will be our kids, and we pretty much won't have time for much else. We have many days where we both feel like we're in survival mode, and so I can only imagine what it will be like when we add a newborn to this crazy bunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment