Thursday, September 24, 2015

Smoothie Boy

My kids are funny in that they will go through phases with their foods. They get hooked on something and then that's all they want to eat. Right now Lucas is known as the "smoothie boy" around here. He has had the same exact smoothie every day for the past 2-3 months.
Without fail, he asks for his smoothie within an hour of waking up every morning. We have our little routine. He gets out the equipment, I get the ingredients. He shakes the bottles and pours with my help. He counts to ten while pushing the hand-held blender. I give him the option of two cups to drink out of, and he always chooses the same one. He puts the straw in, and I put the lid on. He takes a sip and says "like it!!". Every single morning. He is a creature of habit when it comes to his smoothies!
Here's what I put in Lucas' daily smoothies:
1 cup milk
1/2 cup plain kefir
1 banana
1 heaping TB Peanut butter
Handful of spinach
 
Pretty healthy right?? And yet Lucas absolutely loves it. I'm pretty sure he is single-handedly surviving on these smoothies. He typically eats crackers for lunch and the boy hasn't touched his dinner in at least a month. But he sure does love his green smoothies, so I keep making them for him every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment