Sunday, February 3, 2013

Lucas: 8 Months

Happy 8 Months Lucas!

This month involved lots of physical milestones for you: perfecting your sitting, crawling, climbing steps, and standing! No attempts at walking yet, but I know that will come soon enough.

Last month I blogged these words about you " I am loving this stage right now because you are generally happy, not mobile enough that I need to chase you around, no defiant behavior yet, and less crying and more sleeping than previous months". I just read those words and laughed because things change so quickly! You are so mobile now that I do have to chase you around. Sometimes I put you down, turn around for one minute, and then can't find you!

As for the defiant behavior? Well I'm definitely starting to see signs of it. Not necessarily defiance, but frustration on your part when your needs are not immediately met. You bang your highchair tray when I don't feed you fast enough, and you screech at the top of your lungs when I try to change you!

And the less crying and more sleeping? This month it was all about more crying and less sleeping. I'm not sure if it's because of your recent illness, or perhaps the strong strong separation anxiety you've developed.....but you officially hate your crib. You cry and cry when I put you down, and are often awake every 30 minutes during the night, screaming for me. I hope this is a short phase!

A new trick of yours is waving. You will sometimes flap your arms at people when they wave to you, and I've noticed you opening and closing your hand. I think it's intentional?

You do babble a little bit, and I've heard you say "Mama" and "Gaga", but for the most part you just screech. We've nicknamed you "Pterodactyl Baby". (I definitely just had to google that word for the spelling).

New foods this month included fish, strawberry, cheese, beans, and yogurt (including a couple bites of frozen yogurt).


You have 2 teeth on the bottom and the two top ones have just cut through. Hmm, maybe that's why you've been up fussing at all hours of the night?

You have become incredibly attached to me this month. You're fine playing near me during the day. But if someone else picks you up or take you from my arms, you flip out. You scream and cry and lunge for me, and immediately quiet down if I take you back. We're with each other almost 24 hours a day, so I guess it's understandable that you would be really attached to Mommy at this age, but it would be nice if you were happy with other people too!
I love you sweet baby Lucas! I can't wait to see what's in store for us next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment