Friday, February 1, 2013

Let's Get This Potty Started

Excuse the super cheesy title. It's all I could come up with. This post is about....you guessed it.....potty training! Actually it's about me asking for advice about potty training because I have no clue how to do it.

I didn't bother training Ryan before Lucas was born because I knew I wouldn't have time to follow through with it when Lucas was a small baby. I figured that once he was a few months old and we'd all adjusted to life as a family of 4, we'd start to get serious about potty training.  Well, Lucas is 8 months old now. I think we've adjusted. And Ryan is 2 years and 9 months old, with the big 3 right around the corner. It's time.

He is showing some signs of being ready. He loves to undress himself and take off his diaper. Oh wait, maybe this is just something all toddlers do? He also runs and hides when he has to take care of his business, and will sometimes tell me when he has a messy diaper that needs to be changed.

He has a little potty of his own. He knows that if he pee-pees in the potty he will get a candy. And we even have a seat that attaches to the regular toilet. We bought a package of pull-ups with cars on them.

We're ready. He's ready. Now how do we start?

No comments:

Post a Comment