Thursday, February 6, 2020

Photo Every Half Hour

A random Wednesday in my life, with a photo every half hour to document!

5:30am - No photo but I was up taking motrin for horrible head/eye pain. Last month I had some weird gray areas in my vision and although everything checked out fine, I continue to get a ton of headaches, especially on that side of my head. I get back in bed and google "brain tumor symptoms" because Hi, I'm Stephanie and I'm a hypochondriac.

6:00am- I'm up again and kind of dressed. Andrew is also awake and I discover Jenna under our covers. (When did she get there??)

6:30 - Dishes and laundry. No picture needed. 

7:00 - Lucas is up making a waffle and Andrew is helping me make our oatmeal.

7:30 - Ryan is attempting to layer his clothes because he can't find his sweatshirt. Sigh. It's under 40 degrees outside.

8:00 - Bible, coffee and oatmeal!

8:30 - Jenna and I do a couple lessons in this book. So far it's way too easy for her but I have a feeling it will pick up in intensity pretty soon. I've heard great things about it, so we'll see!

9:00 - I talk to my Mom on the phone and realize I need to go over to the boys' school and search the lost and found for their sweatshirts. Otherwise it will be a very cold baseball practice tonight. I put on actual jeans and shoes and head out.

9:30 - Success! We found the sweatshirts at school. Since we're out, I decide Jenna needs a haircut. I've been trying to grow her bangs out for ages and they're just driving her crazy. Her hair is so fine that clips don't hold it back very well.
Before:
 Before:
 10:00 - After! (Why do kids' haircuts make me so sad? There's something sentimental about it....even though it always grows back!)

10:30 - Jenna is hungry so I feed her an early lunch/snack. I open a package of these Madras Lentils and she eats some scooped up with blue tortilla chips. I start my 3rd load of laundry and put away the first 2.
 11:00 - I read to Jenna and Lucas before it's time to go to Pre-K. Did anyone else have these books as kids? I found them on Thriftbooks and I'm so happy to have them for my kids! Use this code for 15% off your purchase ---->  thriftbooks
11:30 - I'm volunteering in Jenna's class today. I love that her class is so small and friendly and they let me bring Andrew along when I help out. He actually thinks this is his class, and he does really well when we're there! Today we're learning about the letter "P" and popping popcorn kernels for science.
 12:30 - Back home and I put Andrew down for a nap. It takes him until 1 to fall asleep.

1:00 - I throw together a quick salad of romaine lettuce, bell peppers, tomatoes, black beans, and top it with sauerkraut. It has so much flavor I've found I don't need a salad dressing. I also eat some fresh pineapple. I manage to eat lunch, watch 5 minutes of The Bachelor, and start my 4th load of laundry before Andrew wakes up.
 2:00 - Which is actually okay because the girls get out of school at 2. Two cuties!
While the 3 littles play and snack I do a quick 20 minute workout. It's short but intense and my legs feel like jelly afterwards!
 2:30 - They devour yogurt, salami, and lots and lots of buttered toast fingers. I heat up some immunity tea for myself. I'm not sick and I'm trying to keep it that way! I made it this week with turmeric root, ginger root, lemon peel, lemon juice, water, cayenne, and a little honey.
3:00 - Boys are home!! They head straight to the freezer for a little bit of ice cream. Because it isn't freezing outside or anything.....
 3:30 - The kids ask me to jump in the trampoline and I can't say no. We play "Dead Man" and I'm sure every neighbor can hear us screaming and laughing. I snap a picture of Lucas because his eye color looks so crazy outside. Are they blue? Green? Hazel?
 4:00 - Do-A-Dot time! Ryan uses his new music player to turn on some Luke Bryan for us to listen to. Thankfully the boys have no homework today.
 4:30 - My Dad comes by to warm the boys up for baseball. Which reminds me to put that last load of laundry in the dryer....the boys need dry sweatshirts! I try to scrounge up all their baseball gear.
5:00 - Andrew makes me a fruit pie
 And Jenna draws a picture of us "building a snowman together"
 5:30 - I eat the world's ugliest looking dinner while I make food for the kids. They're having tacos but I only defrosted 1 pound of ground beef....and 1 pound just doesn't feed our family of 6 anymore. This is a bowl of Jenna's leftover Madras Lentils from lunch mixed with some leftover quinoa, and topped with fresh tomato. Some baby carrots on the side, and Mom was fed!
 6:00 - Kids ate simple tacos and strawberries for dinner.....
 while watching a Donald Duck cartoon.
 6:30 - It's time for baseball practice! Lucas' practice actually started at 6:30, but I snapped this on our way out the door.
7:00 - Here was our evening schedule: Lucas practice from 6:30-8, with a parent meeting afterwards. Ryan parent meeting at 6:45 and then practice from 7-9.
 It was SO cold! (Don't worry, I had a puffy jacket for Jenna)
7:30 - I can't say I'm very happy about how late the boys' practices are. Especially Ryan. Not happy about it at all.

8:00 - This guy finally made it home from work and met us out on the field. My Dad also came to help out, and I watched Ryan practice for a few minutes before taking Jenna and Andrew back home. We were cold and tired.
 8:30 - My Dad brought Lucas home after his practice. He changed into cozy PJ's, grabbed a bowl of cheerios, and asked to play cards with me. I had just put the littles down to sleep, so I said sure!
 9:00 - Lucas is in bed so I spend a solid 20-30 minutes cleaning up. I literally walk around the house picking things up and putting them back where they go. Anyone else find strange things in strange places in their houses? Baseball socks in the bathroom sink? Anyone?
 9:30 - Ryan and Adam get home from baseball and while I'm looking for TP for the bathroom, I realize I actually have paper towels. And zero toilet paper. And I have friends coming over in the morning...….so I head out to the store. Meanwhile back at home Ryan is practically in tears because he "hasn't eaten in 2 or 3 hours!!"
10:00 - Stock the bathrooms with TP, pack the boys' school lunches, and Andrew is awake! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment