Sunday, February 16, 2020

Dinners of the Week


I have a week's worth of dinners to share with you! What did you eat this week?

Sunday: Caprese Chicken with Pasta, Green Beans

I love the flavors of pesto, cheese and tomato, so I was excited to try this dish. I thinly sliced chicken breast and topped with pesto, then tomato slices and finally some mozzarella cheese. It was pretty good! I served it with whole wheat pasta and steamed green beans (topped with lemon juice and garlic powder).

Monday: Turkey Burgers, Potatoes, Kale Salad

On this night I cooked some homemade turkey burgers on the stovetop. I try not to eat meat every night, so I made a quinoa veggie burger for myself. The others had theirs on whole wheat buns, but I had mine without. I baked diced potatoes and sweet potatoes in the oven. I'm still trying to make myself love sweet potatoes, but the only way I really like them is baked with lots of salt and butter. I also made a kale caesar salad earlier in the day and it was SO good. Here is the recipe. Seriously, make it!! It is my favorite way to eat kale these days. Jenna gave it a thumbs up.

Tuesday: Ramen, Broccoli, Edamame
I tried a recipe from Pinterest using brown rice ramen noodles, and honestly it didn't turn out that great. I ate it, but nobody else really did. It contained tamari and a few other asian ingredients, and strangely enough....parmesan. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't great. I steamed edamame and broccoli to go with it.

Wednesday: Hamburger Soup, Homemade Bread

I used my mom's recipe to make hamburger soup. This is one of those dishes I remember eating as a child and really enjoying. It contains ground beef, soy sauce, tomato sauce, celery, carrot, split peas, pasta, basil, oregano, seasoned salt, dried minced onion, and I always top it with parmesan. On the side I made a quick loaf of no-knead bread. I believe I used this recipe, and I used half white and half whole wheat flour. Topped with butter of course!

Thursday: Green Chile Chicken, Rice and Beans, Pico de Gallo

I tried a recipe from one of my Pioneer Woman cookbooks for this green chile chicken. It was marinated in some oil, citrus and mexican spices, and then cooked with green chiles and cheese on top. I served it with white rice (brown for me and the little kids) and black beans. I also made some pico de gallo earlier in the day, which was delicious. Fresh raspberries on the side.

Friday: Steak, Baked Potatoes, Asparagus, Truffles

This was Valentine's Day, and I decided to make steak since it isn't something we eat very often. I also made baked potatoes and roasted asparagus. Ryan helped me make homemade truffles for some teachers and family members, and we ate what was left after dinner. Yum!

Saturday Ground Turkey, Cheese Tortelloni, Broccoli/Cauliflower

I planned on serving leftover chicken this night, but it all got eaten for lunch. So I cooked ground turkey (topped mine with worcestershire), and then cooked some quick cheese tortelloni from Costco. I also steamed broccoli and cauliflower to round out the meal. If you're wondering why I cook ground meat so often, it's because it is the only protein all of my kids will happily eat. Ground beef or turkey is on our menu every week, usually more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment