Friday, July 5, 2019

4th of July 2019

Our 4th of July week was spent with my niece Shayla. She came last weekend and stayed the week with us....we did so many fun things! Lemonade stand, Toy Story 4, free bowling, and lots of board games and yummy food. We kicked off the 4th with a bike parade. Every year my sister's neighborhood does a patriotic bike parade around their neighborhood. We usually participate and just pretend we live over there. Sean and Nicole came up for the day, which made it extra fun.
 After riding our bikes (or pushing strollers), there was face painting:
 Isn't she a cute kitty?
 He asked for a shark. haha
There was food and games, including a water balloon toss. My niece Bella and I paired up but didn't last too long!
 We spent a few hours at home relaxing and preparing food for a BBQ at my parents' house. That afternoon the kids swam for a few hours in their pool.
 I just love both their faces in this picture!
 My beautiful sister and her hubby.
 Isabella Rose and Shayla Rose!
 My Dad, the grillmaster.
 After swimming we feasted on some delicious food.
After dinner we headed over to my sister's block to set off fireworks. Andrew was a little hesitant about all the loud noises but also really excited to hold his first sparkler.
I'm glad Adam has no problem doing fireworks with the kids, because I much prefer to sit in a lawn chair and watch!
Happy 4th of July to you all!

1 comment: