Sunday, March 11, 2018

Andrew's 1-Year Checkup

Andrew met with his doctor earlier this week for his 1-year checkup. And he slid into 3rd place weight-wise amongst his siblings. I thought he was going to be my smallest 1-yr old! At this age Lucas was over 22 pounds, Ryan was over 21, and Jenna was just over 20. (Andrew was weighed with his clothes on, but we'll just go with this number, making Jenna my smallest.)

Weight: 20 lbs, 12 oz (40%)
Height: 30 inches (52%)
Head: 18.5 inches (74%)
Height-wise, Andrew is the exact same as Jenna at 1 yr, a little taller than Lucas, and a little shorter than Ryan. But really, we are talking quarter of an inch differences. All my kids have been very similar in size at all ages.

Andrew's doctor said Andrew's speech is right on track, even though I feel like he barely says any words. He is walking well, and his bow-legged cowboy legs are totally normal.

The only concern we have about Andrew is his ongoing constipation. It causes SO much pain for my little boy. We have been giving him prune juice in a sippy cup for a couple months now but it hasn't made any difference. I also try to limit cheese and milk, but that's tough because I know how good full-fat dairy is for his developing brain. His doctor said to give him even more prune products, and also to really increase his fiber. If none of this helps, we will begin giving him Metamucil. Has anyone else had experience with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment