Saturday, March 31, 2018

A Week

Well, it's been a week! Nothing terribly exciting happened during our Spring Break week. But life with 4 kids at home is just busy and incredibly tiring. When I'm feeling overwhelmed with trying to keep our house running smoothly, blogging tends to take a backseat. At the end of the day, it can feel like ONE MORE THING on my to-do list. And I don't want it to feel like a chore. I want blogging to be fun. So here's a quick recap of the highlights from last week. Focusing on the positives here!

I made this carton of resurrection eggs at MOPS, and we've been opening them up with the kids and reading the corresponding Bible verses. I absolutely loved this! It was a tangible way to teach the kids about the story of Jesus' death and resurrection. Definitely saving this again to do next year. The highlight from the week was hearing Ryan and Lucas read to us from the Bible. So sweet!
There were class parties for both boys:
And couch shopping! We have been looking for a new couch for our family room and so far we've been striking out big time.
Yesterday I needed to complete my 6th week of Couch to 5K training. You guys....my first 5K is April 8th! So I knew I needed to get in a good run. I had to get creative, since I had all 4 kids at home with me. So I took the kids to the park and instructed the 3 oldest to play nicely. I put Andrew in the jogging stroller and ran laps around the park with him, keeping an eye on the big kids. I ran my longest distance ever without stopping....2.25 miles! It may not sound like much but for me it was a victory.
 Chores. The never-ending struggle with chores.
Lots of sunshine! We spent quite a bit of time practicing baseball and playing outside this week. Can the weather please stay this way? Pretty please?
One of Ryan's jobs this week while home from school was to get his sister dressed in the morning. He did a great job picking out her outfits!
We headed to the dentist for Ryan and Jenna.
 No cavities for either child!
 And here is everyone piled on the top bunk for pre-bedtime playing. Or piling on top of Daddy-time.
 We've got a fun weekend planned with family, church, egg hunting, and delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment