Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

What are my little boys made of? Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, of course! Let me tell you a little story to prove this. As most kids do, my boys absolutely love being outside. Whenever Lucas hears the back door open, he squeals in delight and runs as fast as he can outside. Playing outside wears them out and that's always a good thing. I'm really looking forward to the day I can leave them outside together to play together, without me being out there every second. Unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.......
The other day we were in the backyard playing. I went into the side yard for 1 minute to empty the lawnmower bag. When I returned Ryan informed me that Lucas had eaten a snail. I had in fact seen an empty snail shell near them earlier, and now it was scattered into little pieces. And Lucas had a very disgusted look on his face. Yuck. So I had a little talk with Ryan about watching out for his brother, and helping me keep him safe from yucky things.
A couple days later the boys were playing outside again. I left them alone for 1 minute to grab something inside. When I returned, Lucas was holding a big snail in his hand, and Ryan was chanting "Eat It! Eat It! Eat It!".

Nice to know he was listening during our little talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment