Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Lucas: 10 Months

You continued to surprise us with new changes this month, including walking and talking!

Your list of words now includes Mama, Baba, and Ga or Goo. No Dada yet! Your mouth is open in almost every picture I take of you. You love to squeal at your brother and shriek to get attention. I think you will be a very vocal little boy.
You took your first official (7!) steps a few days ago, and now you love taking a few steps here and there. Your walk is still a bit of a drunken Frankenstein walk, but cute nonetheless!
You have been sick this past week with your first ear infection. I'm wondering if this is to blame for your recent loss of interest in finger foods. For the past 10 days or so you have only wanted to eat purees. Even your beloved cheerios and puffs do not seem as appealing to you.

I have been trying to teach you to wave and say Hi. So far I have only caught you waving at yourself, and you kind of said hi a few days ago. Not quite but almost there! Next up on the list of tricks I am teaching you is clapping.

You are still very similar in size to your brother at this age, and I get a lot of comments about how similar you two look. I still don't see it.....instead I see all of your differences. Your hair has lightened a lot since birth, but it's still much darker than Ryan's was at this age. Your face and head are rounder than Ryan's and you may actually be a bit shorter and wider (wow, those thighs!). I think Ryan's nose is a bit wider and flatter than yours, but you may have the same eye color and shape. Here is a comparison, both at 10 months of age.

You don't just drop your toys anymore, you throw them. I've noticed lately that you intentionally drop or throw things just to watch them fall. And to watch Mommy retrieve them for you!
Your sleeping habits are not consistently great, but we have had a few nights lately where you have slept between 6 and 8 hours in a row! You still wake up to nurse once or twice. When I am really tired in the wee hours of the morning I have tried bringing you into our bed so that I can nurse you while I sleep. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) this doesn't work. You're just not much of a snuggly cuddler like your brother is, and you sleep best when by yourself. So I make myself stay up and nurse you in your room, and then once you are back in your crib we all sleep better.
 
Likes: Splashing in the bathtub, playing the piano
Dislikes: Sitting in shopping carts. Seriously, it's impossible to keep you in them.
 I love you Lukey!

No comments:

Post a Comment