Monday, April 26, 2021

Easter 2021

 Easter 2021 was a great one! It began the day before on Saturday, when we put on our fancy clothes and attended an outdoor service at church. This was our first time back at in-person church in a year and it was so very nice! The kids loved it and asked to go back, so I'm really thankful that our church is going to continue to offer outdoor services all summer.

That evening we colored eggs around the table. Clothing optional.

Unfortunately by that time I had a pretty bad headache starting, which turned into one of the worst migraines I've ever had. We attempted to go to bed early (although the Easter bunny had to stay up late and stuff baskets!)


I got one action shot in the morning of the kids with their Easter baskets. They each got some new Usborne books, swimming trunks/suit, chocolate eggs, etc.
Easter morning breakfast!
I managed to read this amazing story to the kids before my migraine forced me back to bed. (I've got my eye on this book to buy next!)
Mid-afternoon we went over to my parents' house for an outdoor Easter egg hunt with the cousins! They have the perfect yard for this, and I'm hoping this becomes an annual tradition.
Then this craziness happened. Bella (and then Lyla) hopped in the chilly pool while the rest of us stared at them in disbelief. 
Andrew couldn't figure out why he wasn't allowed in.
We enjoyed a delicious meal, and this was the one glamorous shot taken with my in the frame. My face pretty much sums up how I was feeling, but I really can't complain. We enjoyed Easter with our family, celebrated the amazing story of our Savior, and ate way too much sugar!

1 comment: