Sunday, August 23, 2020

4 Kids Right Now

 RYAN - 10 yrs, 4 months

Ryan right now is obsessed with electronics. And I don't just mean video games (there is that, though). Sometimes when he is bored he will walk around the house and search through closets, looking for old electronics. Things like my old camera, and most recently, a really old GPS in our car. I thought is was dead, but he somehow brought it back to life and now he enters in every address and gives me directions when we're driving. Ryan's other new skill is making homemade donuts using our mini donut maker. Reading the recipe is good practice with fractions, and it makes him happy and gets him to eat, so it's a win-win!

LUCAS - 8 yrs, 3 months
Lucas recently switched bedrooms with Ryan, so he now has the downstairs bedroom all to himself. He has done a fantastic job keeping it clean, and I will sometimes find him in there cleaning it without being asked! He is definitely one of my most organized kids. Also, when I asked him last week what his favorite thing was about homeschool so far, his answer melted my heart. "My teacher!"

JENNA - 5 yrs, 9 months
Ever since Jenna found out I still have my American Girl doll from my childhood, she asks me almost daily when she can have her. I plan on giving her Felicity for her 6th birthday, but don't tell her that! She's going to be SO excited. Something else she was happy about was her first year of soccer...until it got cancelled for her age group. So she asked if she could invite her girl cousins along to the boys' practices, bring her pink shin guards and pink ball, and form her own little girl soccer team on the sidelines. How could I say no?

ANDREW - 3 yrs, 6 months
Andrew is the funniest little guy. He says the weirdest/most hilarious things. Lately he has been telling me his body parts are exhausting. Like Mommy, my legs are exhausting! I tell him Andrew, you're exhausting! He is also a very expressive singer. He sings rock songs at the top of his lungs and does some pretty awesome air guitar playing at the same time. Future musician? Actor? Professional Trouble Maker?

No comments:

Post a Comment