Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Adorable Energy Drainers

I often sit down at night and think to myself, I should blog. About what we did today, Ryan's latest funny remark, a new recipe I tried, how Lucas' sleep habits have been....and then just thinking about it all makes me tired. These little boys can be a lot of fun, but holy heck, they sure drain the energy right out of me.
My job is so constant. I can't take my eyes off of them for a second, because if I do, someone will eat a blue crayon. Or someone will feed his baby brother popcorn. Or someone will crawl into the bathroom and try to climb into the toilet.
I think one of the reasons being a Mom is so tiring is because you always "On." I can't just sit down for a moment and let me mind drift or focus on something else. I have to be present and available for my boys all day (and night). Only once they are both asleep can I let out my breath and relax for a moment. And even then, I find myself worrying and thinking about them. Does that ever change?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph, it's Rachel -- found your blog today when I was trying to figure out how to get ahold of you about Mia being sick. Anyway, I totally relate to this. There isn't an "off" switch for me either, and really, I'm not sure any mom really has one. Down time is a precious, fleeting thing these days. Once a mom, always a mom, eh? I too struggle with my thought life, getting down on myself when I feel like I should be writing but I'm too tired to think straight, let alone compose a coherent sentence. All this to say, take heart! You're not alone, and you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete