Monday, November 21, 2022

Jenna - EIGHT

 Happy 8th Birthday Jenna Mae Nullmeyer!

I sure wish I could rewind time and keep you young forever. Everything about you if just soft and sweet and kind. You continue to be the peacemaker of the family. 

If there is a conflict, you will often "give in" and give up your preferred option, just to keep your brothers happy. While I appreciate your sweet spirit, I also want you to learn how to stand up for yourself.

You stretched out so much this year! You've lost your baby fat in your face. You have long skinny legs and though you continue to grow taller, you haven't gained much weight this year. I think Andrew may catch up to you soon in weight!

You love playing with anything soft and squishy and cute. You currently love bunny rabbits and any sort of stuffed animal. You cry when I try to get you to donate a few of your stuffed friends! (You have become more emotional this past year). But still quite goofy!

You can often be found at our school table, writing and illustrating a new little story. Your stories are so precious! You are a terrific reader and read in bed at night with a flashlight for probably close to an hour every night. Sometimes you're still reading when I'm done reading!

As soft and sweet as you are, you are amazingly athletic and determined on the sports field. You are SO fast! You really excelled at soccer this year, running laps around your teammates. You were often one of the youngest and smallest players on the field, but you made up for that in speed and natural skill.

You joined a children's choir this year and you really enjoy it! You were quite timid at first, but your teacher says you've really blossomed during practice. You recently told me that you want to play soccer and sing in a choir "until they don't exist anymore".

You naturally gravitate to healthier foods. You love cucumbers and salad and you hate gooey melted cheese. If I ask your brothers what they want for lunch they might say pizza or tacos. You will request something like "garbanzo beans with cucumbers and italian dressing, with a peanut butter-butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, and pear slices". 

Your latest obsession is baking homemade shortbread....all by yourself! You even made yourself a little recipe book with all your flavor combination ideas.

A trip down memory lane:


Newborn Jenna

1 Year


2 Years

3 Years

4 Years


5 Years

6 Years

7 Years

8 Years

Jenna, I just love so many special things about you. Your sweet giggly voice, your gentle spirit, your spunk on the sports field, your creativity, your thoughtfulness, and your love for God. Happy Birthday my sweet girl!

1 comment:

  1. You have written very well on this, I liked all the names written by you very much. I have also written boys name in Hindi like your star which you should see how I have written. I have written very good name here. I have written all this with great effort.

    ReplyDelete