Monday, December 28, 2020

Christmas 2020

Christmas 2020 was a full Christmas, despite the crazy year! We spent Christmas Eve relaxing at home and eating Chinese food for dinner (it's a tradition from my childhood because it is my brother's birthday and no restaurants were ever open except Chinese). We also watched our church's Christmas Eve service on TV, and read the story of Jesus' birth from the Bible. The kids and I had read this passage many times this month for our Christmas Curriculum, so they could recite a lot of it from memory!
Adam and I got the kids to bed early and stayed up late getting everything ready. Big gifts in the garage: a new bike for Ryan, a new bike for Andrew, and all my Felicity things for Jenna. (She was my American girl doll)
One last picture before we went to bed.
In the morning we began with stockings. 
All the kids love this tradition.
We went one at a time, beginning with Andrew.
The Jenna
Lucas
Ryan
Finally Daddy and I
This girl was looking extra festive with her wavy hair.
We sat down for a quick breakfast of sausage, cinnamon rolls, and fruit. And more coffee!
We opened presents for a little while before my parents arrived.
Lucas didn't receive this guitar for Christmas, but Andrew got a little ukelele, so he brought this out for Lucas to hold.
And then it was time to reveal the big presents in the garage!
(Don't worry about Lucas...he got a hoverboard!)
Andrew learned a new word: charcuterie.
Of course we headed outside to try out our new bikes/scooters.
Grandma Jan came over next and we had Christmas again!
We were gifted Omaha Steaks from Adam's brother's family, so we enjoyed some steaks and potato au gratin for dinner, as well as bacon green beans and sweet potatoes.
Then we played a fun new board game and this is my favorite picture from Christmas.
This picture is blurry, but Adam is showing his Mom my new roomba. This was my big gift from Adam, and so far I'm loving it!
The post-Christmas mess.
Saturday was spent cleaning up the house, and then yesterday Uncle Sean, Aunt Nicole, Ryan, Shayla and Callie came for a Christmas visit!
We had Christmas all over again and it was lovely.
It was an extra special day because Callie turned 1!
We took a nice afternoon walk around the neighborhood
And then we ended our day by singing Happy Birthday to Callie! My brother's birthday is Christmas Eve, Sean and Nicole's Ryan's birthday is Christmas day, and then Callie's birthday is the 27th. So much to celebrate, and we are all feeling so blessed. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment