Monday, May 7, 2018

Busy Baseball Birthday Weekend

It was a weekend full of baseball, basketball and birthday parties!
We started our Friday evening with dinner and a game of Headbanz. This game is so fun! It's like 20 questions, except you are trying to guess what the thing, animal, or food is that is on your head.
 Here is a video of Jenna playing. I'm telling you, she gets so happy about the littlest things!
I cleaned up dinner and packed food for Saturday while the boys played basketball. (Ryan's big birthday present from us).
We were up early the next morning to get ready for baseball. Ryan helped me out by drying his little sister's hair.
 Dressed in our hats and ready for baseball by 8:15am!
 Ryan's game was first.
I took this video of him pitching. Right after I recorded this, the batter hit a line drive right at him and he got hit in the cheek. He started crying and the game stopped for a few minutes, but he decided to keep pitching. It was hard not to run out on the field and give him a big hug!
 Meanwhile, Jenna and Lucas ran around making trouble.
 Next up was Lucas' game at 11:30. Ryan sat in the outfield watching his brother.
 Nice swing Lucas!
We were home around 1:30. I put Ryan in charge of packing goodie bags for his party the next day.
Daddy helped.
And I immediately got to work baking Ryan's party cake. This is probably the 2nd time in my life that I have made a cake from a box mix. And guess what? I took a quick shower while it was baking and ended up burning it. That's what I get for trying to take the easy way out.
 I got Andrew dressed in his new outfit from Grandma Linda.
And got myself dressed in my newest Lularoe skirt. My childhood friend sells this brand of clothes and her group on Facebook is so fun!
I tried to get a picture of my crazy kids. Then we headed out to the 4pm service at our church.
Afterwards we grabbed a quick dinner and Ryan and I waited for the food. It's so nice to just sit with my 8 yr old.
Then we headed straight to my sister's house for Bella's 5th birthday party. Andrew immediately found his favorite person, Grandpa.
 The birthday girl!
We got home pretty late and told the kids to SLEEP IN the next morning. Ha! We were all up by 6:45. Jenna and I got to work on a new birthday cake.
Lucas was having a bad morning and Andrew wouldn't sleep, so I'm proud that I even got the cake made. I think it turned out pretty cute, especially since cake decorating is not my thing.
 Adam took Ryan to a 9am baseball practice while Jenna and I decorated for his party.
 At 1pm we met 7 of Ryan's friends at a local trampoline park.
 They jumped and jumped.
 And jumped.
 And even did some rock climbing.
 Jenna got to come along and she was so excited just to watch the boys.
 Back at our house we had pizza and baseball cake. Followed by presents!
We ended Ryan's birthday party with a game of basketball out front. I think he had a really fun party and I'm so glad he is finding a good group of friends up here.
Not going to lie....Adam and I fixed ourselves a margarita last night and high-fived each other. Weekends like this are so much fun but they require so much planning and energy.  Now today I get to clean up from our fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment