Thursday, March 8, 2018

Stream of Thoughts

I was sitting at MOPS the other day and something happened that has never happened before. I looked across the room and saw a mother holding her young baby. And I felt a longing. Not necessarily to have another baby. (Did you know I already have a bunch of wonderful crazy children? I do.)
Maybe it was just a desire to hold a baby, since my baby was currently downstairs being watched by a stranger. Maybe it had something to do with my baby turning 1. All I know is I felt something stirred inside of me, and suddenly I wanted a baby. Or to hold a baby. Or something like that. And honestly, I have never felt like that before. In all my years of marriage and motherhood, I have never once longed for a baby. Maybe that's bad and I shouldn't be confessing it, but it's the truth.

Maybe I'm just realizing that children do indeed get older. Just this week Ryan was having a playdate. When he said goodbye, something about the way he said it suddenly made him sound like he was 15. You guys! His young immature voice is gone. It has been replaced by a deeper voice that must belong to someone else. It must.
Speaking of Ryan, he is really loving baseball this year. I think this is the year where it has finally clicked for him, and he genuinely enjoys playing. He is without a doubt the fastest boy on his team, and his confidence is so much higher this year.

Lucas enjoys T-Ball, but running around outside with his friends is absolutely more fun than actually playing the game. Speaking of Lucas, he is doing SO well lately with his reading! He can sit down and read a whole book to me, and I am constantly impressed by how hard he tries. I know that is a quality that will serve him well in life.

Saturday was such a crazy busy day, and I was quite proud of myself for getting both boys to baseball pictures on time. Dressed and looking sharp. Until I looked down and noticed Ryan's teammates were all wearing white pants and black belts. Unlike Ryan's grey pants and orange belt. Oops. I seriously feel like I am one step behind on everything in life these days.
Also on Saturday was Jenna's first dance class! It was just a free trial, and I think I'm going to look around a bit more before deciding on one. For the first 20 minutes Jenna was scared stiff. She was so shy that she wouldn't move. Then she ran over to me and said "Mommy, I was sad but now I'm happy!!". And then she absolutely loved it. She kept turning around and grinning at me. Unfortunately now she is down with the virus that has been making the rounds at our house. Double pinkeye and a double ear infection for my poor girl.
And here is my baby who is quickly outgrowing being a baby. I think the more babies I have, the more I appreciate the baby stage. It is just so sweet and innocent and protected in this little bubble. As fun as Andrew is becoming, I can't help but mourn the end of the first year.
Oh, and on a happier note, I am trying to plan a summer vacation with this guy below. We are considering renting a cabin in the Bear Valley area, but are open to other ideas. If you have cost effective, fun, easy ideas for families with little kids, please let me know!
PS: All of our goldfish died. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment