Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Past Week

Wow, where did the last week go? I feel like I just blogged but all of a sudden a full week has gone by and it's been silence around here. In all honesty, it's been hard to sit down and write this week. Things have been really tough lately with Lucas. Most of you know he struggles with handling his emotions, and his anger in particular. This past week was horrible. And I have no idea what caused it. He's this confusing little mystery to me, and I've been on the phone with a lot of doctors over the past few days. If you think of it, we could really use some prayer for peace in this house.
One of the things I am working on with Lucas is giving him coping skills to use when he's mad. Things he can do to help calm himself down. One of them is drawing. Ryan loves to draw, and he was recently asking me how to draw something. Darth Vader, if I remember correctly. I finally said OK let's just google it. So we did, and discovered this whole world of YouTube videos dedicated to teaching you to draw different characters.
Ryan's drawings are so good!

Today we all sat down and drew Yoda.
Andrew is sleeping less than ever, thanks to back-to-back viruses. It was hand foot and mouth a few weeks ago, and now he's had a gross cold that makes him too congested to sleep.
As long as he's being held or directly entertained, he's fine. Otherwise, it's loud crying wide awake baby!
Ever since I finished my Whole30 a couple weeks ago I've felt a little lost. I did great for a few days, adding healthy foods like oatmeal and beans back into my diet. Then all of a sudden (after a stressful day with Lucas) I wanted chocolate! Or pretty much any form of sugar I could get my hands on. I've been trying to balance things out by making healthy choices for most meals. I've made this chocolate recipe twice this week using raw cacao powder. It definitely satisfies my chocolate craving, although I may be eating 3 or 4 at a time instead of 1. Ahem.  http://liezljayne.com/video-3-ingredient-healthy-weight-loss-chocolate-recipe-sugar-free-dairy-free/  (Her oatmeal recipes are also amazing!) I am up between 1 and 2 pounds since my lowest weight at the end of Whole30. It's not a big deal, and honestly most of my pants are still too big on me. These are my one pair of jeans that fit me perfectly right now.
I actually received a Trendsend box in the mail today, and I'm hoping one of the pairs of pants are keepers! Remember, it's totally free to receive clothes from your Trendsend stylist. Check it out here! https://www.trendsend.com/?referral=9rp5Zr4WgES
Speaking of free styling services, Stitch Fix is waiving the styling fee this month on your first box! I've got a box coming next week. You've got to try it if you haven't yet. It's risk free until the end of November! Referral link: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3168832?sod=w&som=c

And finally, this girl right here is the sunny spot of the week. Even though she's been sick and kind of whiny, she is always such a source of joy in this family.


2 comments:

  1. Have you looked into food allergies for Lucas? One of Becky's had a really hard time with low impulse control and got mad very easily. She took her off wheat and dairy and she turned into a different child. Also, good job with helping him to stay focused on good things. Parenting is hard....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've actually been talking about that possibility just this week. We are so desperate to help him that we are considering eliminating some foods from his diet. I spoke with his doctor just a couple hours ago and he didn't seem to think that his behavior could be food related. But we may still try it. Trouble is, he will only eat about 10 foods total. So eliminating a food group is hard.

      Delete