Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: Whole30 Week 2

Another week of Whole30 down, and another 2 pounds lost! I can't believe that it took me the entire summer to lose 5 pounds, but after just two weeks on the Whole30 I'm already down 6. I'm so close to my goal weight! There are other non-scale changes I am noticing, but I will recap all of those at the end of my Whole30.

Lbs Lost So Far: 24
Lbs Left To Lose: 3

I thought I'd take you along on a day of eating Whole30 compliant foods. Just to remind you, I haven't actually read the Whole30 book. I did some reading online about the basic rules of the program, but I'm sure I'm not 100% eating Whole30. So if you've done a Whole30 and some of the ratios on my plates look off to you, it's because I haven't read the book yet. Here we go:

Breakfast: I tried a new recipe this morning for an "instant" Whole30 Hot Cereal. Recipe here. It reminded me of oatmeal, which was nice. I basically heated up coconut milk and stirred in almond flour, flax, chia seeds and cinnamon. After about 1 minute on the stove, it resembled oatmeal! I topped it with half of a diced pear. On the side I fried an egg in clarified butter, and of course had my black coffee.

Lunch: I love having protein leftover from the previous night's dinner because I can always add it to a salad. This salad was leftover chicken, romaine lettuce, tomato, shredded carrot, cucumber, radish, avocado, and cilantro. Topped with a simple homemade balsamic dressing.
Snack: I grabbed a quick snack of a date and a spoonful of Nuttzo nut butter.
Dinner: By the evening I could tell I was getting sick so dinner was simple. I mixed together a bunch of spices and rubbed the mixture all over a piece of mahi mahi. I seared it in a pan, and microwaved some frozen veggies. I had planned on cooking a yam for some healthy carbs, but my throat was too sore to eat anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment