Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: 6 Weeks Down

I buckled down and got more serious this week about losing the weight. I focused on portions and tried to choose my treats more wisely. I definitely had a few moments of weakness (cinnamon sugar pita chips!) but overall I lost about 2 pounds so I'm happy. I feel like I have to work so much harder for each pound these days.

Lbs Lost So Far: 9
Lbs Left To Lose: 18

Ok here we go....2 days in a row worth of food!

Breakfast: Oatmeal topped with frozen blueberries, sunflower seeds and cashews. I also made a little chia seed pudding (milk and chia seeds) but didn't let it set up long enough to turn to pudding. I'm still experimenting with chia seeds. How do you use them?
Snack: About an hour before lunch I decided to try this pink drink by Plexus that my sweet friend shared with me. It tasted like candy!
 Lunch: Veggies and hummus (Definitely not enough food for me, as you will see)
 Snack: I was starving by 2pm so I had this bar. It was tasty!
 And then a banana.....
And then some cheese.....and then a couple handfuls of goldfish eaten in the parking lot of Target at 5pm while nursing the baby. For some reason I was really hungry this day!
Dinner: 2 tostadas topped with salsa chicken, avocado, lettuce, cheese, greek yogurt, hot sauce, plus strawberries
Dessert: We made milkshakes after dinner for the kids. I wasn't planning on having one but Ryan said it was so good and told me I HAD to have one. Ugh, so much for willpower! I made myself a smallish one using vanilla ice cream, milk, and 1 oreo cookie.
 I felt like I overate on Friday, so I woke up Saturday determined not to do the same.

Breakfast: Black coffee, bacon, scrambled eggs, strawberries
Lunch: Half sandwich of whole wheat bread, hummus, cheese, lettuce. Side salad of mixed greens, shaved carrot, bell peppers and Caesar dressing.

Snack: Smoothie made with milk, plain and strawberry greek yogurt, frozen blueberries, and banana.
Dinner: Burger topped with cheese, mustard and ketchup, eaten on lettuce instead of a bun. We also had corn and broccoli.

The little pickles on my plate were a new product I found at Target. They were really good! Next time I'll have to try the other flavors. The bag was less than $1.
 And a small handful of bittersweet chocolate before bed.
This week my goal will be to get out for a walk every day. I'll let you know how successful I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment