Monday, October 31, 2016

The Flu and Halloween 2016

Based on how we were all feeling a few days ago I wasn't sure we'd be celebrating Halloween this year!

It started about a week ago with Ryan. He developed a fever, headache, congestion, cough and upset tummy. Jenna had a couple days of an upset tummy but it didn't seem too bad. Then on Wednesday Adam got hit hard with it. He basically stayed in bed for a day and a half and slept. I had what seemed like a minor cold but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't handle the kids. Adam stayed home from work on Thursday and I still thought I was okay. Then I took the kids to Target and started feeling really woozy halfway through the store. By that evening I had the same flu virus. For the next couple days I couldn't do anything. I don't think I've ever felt so fatigued in my life. Getting up to use the bathroom absolutely drained me. At one point I remember rolling over in bed and deciding "Nope. That required way too much effort. Not doing that again.". By Saturday I was feeling awful from not eating or drinking much, but finally started feeling better once I kept liquids down. On Sunday Lucas started complaining of a headache, sore throat, and the same upset tummy as the rest of us.

I was convinced Halloween would be cancelled this year for the Nullmeyers, but thankfully we all recovered in time to stuff ourselves with candy.
 We had Darth Vader:
 
 
A Ninja Turtle:



And Minnie Mouse:


The boys had a blast trick-or-treating. And Jenna caught on really quickly this year. Basically she ran after the big kids from door to door and begged me for candy all night.

The kids sorted out their loot and shared some with the adults.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment