Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Weighty Wednesday: The Good and the Bad

I remember back to when I used to breastfeed Ryan and I was trying to lose weight.  Most of the time my hunger level would be normal, but every once in a while it would just be out of control. This was one of those weeks. I wanted to eat all day long. I'd finish dinner and be hungry again an hour later. I'd eat a huge breakfast and feel shaky from hungry by 10am. So I obviously ate a lot this week. Not surprisingly, my weight didn't drop.

Now on to the good news: I can now fit into my smallest pair of jeans! These are the ones I was wearing before getting pregnant, and they are the smallest size I have worn in a really long time. Now, they don't necessarily fit really well. They button and I can breathe in them, but they did leave a few red marks on my tummy by the end of the day. It's funny that I am only 2 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, and yet my body is still kind of rearranged. My tummy still has a bit of a pooch like I'm a couple months pregnant.

The other good news from the week is that I went out for a jog on Saturday! I expected to go a few blocks and then collapse from weak, unconditioned lungs. But I actually lasted about half a mile before my lungs really started to hurt and I had to slow down to a walk. I want to try it again soon!

Week 19
Lbs Lost So Far: 18
Lbs Left to Lose: 7

Goals: No sugar or dessert whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment