Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Weighty Wednesday: Building Blocks

Another pound lost. Woohoo! My goal for week one was no desserts. When that week was up, all I wanted to do was eat sweets all the time. Obviously this won't help me lost weight. So I have decided that instead of setting an individual goal for each week and then disregarding that change the following week, I will instead build on my goals.So by making one small change each week, I will develop the building blocks of healthier eating and fitness, ultimately leading to my weight loss. Sounds so easy when I put it that way, right?

The truth is that the weight loss feels much harder this time. I am seeing a slow loss, so that's encouraging. It's just not as effortless as last time.



Week 3
Lbs Lost So Far: 2
Lbs Left to Lose: 23

Goals
One dessert per week: Giving up desserts completely just won't work for me. So I will be rewarding myself with one sweet treat per week. Last weekend Adam and I enjoyed a belated birthday dinner and I ate Zeppolis (Italian Donuts). Definitely worth the wait!
Eat more fruit: I've been doing really well with this one!
Drink More Water: I've also done well here, although I still need to drink more.
Take frequent walks: I went on a walk 4 or 5 days last week, so I met my goal! The weather is so nice that meeting this goal shouldn't be a problem.
Eat more vegetables: This is my new goal for the week. I usually eat just one vegetable a day at dinnertime, unless I eat a salad for lunch. I'm going to try to eat more like 2 or 3 servings a day. I just need to find ways to prepare them in advance or eat raw veggies that I can just grab and eat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment